Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's Official...

Okay, I know I didn't say anything after our meeting with the Stake President this week, but it's OFFICIAL now so I can tell you all what happened. Jim has been put in the Bishopric as the 2nd Councilor (sp) [Never could spell this word!] Jim has been overwhelmed all week about this. But I have to say he has just kept moving forward and will just have to take it a day at a time. I am amazed how things all worked out.

Jim had to be ordained a High Priest, so he asked his brother Karl to do it, which he was more than willing to do so. He also contacted his younger brother Max to be there. The time worked out that both were able to be there. In addition, Jim's oldest brother Mel, and his wife are currently in the MTC and they were also able to join us, and Mel ended up ordaining Jim. Then they are off to Orlando Florida to serve their mission. And YES! That is where Bryce is! Soooo, the timing was great to include them in Jim's ordination.

I'm sure this will bring blessings to the family as Jim serves in this calling, and I know with the Lord's help he will be up to the task placed before him. As I mentioned in my testimony today, I am truly grateful to have a husband that is worthy of the call. Now I just wonder how much time he will be way from us....hummmm.

No comments: