Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Beginning Life as a Bishopric Widow....

Okay, I'm kidding. But Jim is currently at Bishoprics meeting and I have been thinking about how quickly things change. So far, his calling hasn't been bad for either of us. In fact, I think the blessings have even begun. Yes, he has more meetings, but he seems to have more engery too. I think that is a fair trade. But what I REALLY find interesting is that I now have TWO, count them, TWO callings. I am now the Primary Secretary. No problem....I've done it before and it has benefits. I have a hard time sitting for 3 hours straight, now I don't have to! I have PERMISSION, in fact I'm EXPECTED to roam the halls. AND, I have been called to be the Ward Website Co-ordinator. I'm beginning to worry that every time something comes up that Jim feels I would be good for it, he will suggest my name. LOL Okay, probably not...and I don't see any problems fulfilling both callings. I just found it humorous that I went from basically NO calling to TWO callings within two weeks of Jim being put in the Bishopric.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Actually, what you have just said is VERY true. You are a widow and BEWARE! Look at how many callings Kathy V. has! I'd be shaking in my boots if I were you. :o)

Alisa said...

Found your blog on Natalie Parke's. Cute family...and I bet your hubby is busier than ever. Good luck to him. My family blog is keylimer.blogspot.com
Hope to "see" you there.