Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Life of Leisure????

Be careful of what you wish for.....we've all heard that. Well, I didn't listen very well. I have been WISHING to be able to stay home and just spend time with Xander. A month ago, I got my wish! I was laid off from my job at Convergys. I was a trainer there, and since no one is leaving there is no need to have a trainer for new hires.....therefore I was let go.

When I was laid off from my previous job I was devastated. I had worked there for 9 years and I didn't want to leave. This time was different. The only two things I was worried about was 1) How was Jim going to take the news. And 2) I was worried about how this was going to affect Laurie, our WONDERFUL Daycare Lady. Come to find out...it was a MAJOR effect on her. Xander was her ONLY Full Time child. She is now looking for another type of job after 23 years of doing day care. I was just SICK over this! But Jim took the news rather well.

Soooo, one would think I would be living the life of leisure, right? Well, I have been off work for a month and I am JUST getting to blogging about it. I have been busy working on the house....again. It's nice to not have to do it after work, but I think I am working harder now than I did then. I have the Dinning Room just about done now. We just need to put in the new (bought used) sliding glass door....after I get it cleaned up and then I can finish up the wood trim. But it's almost done! I am LOVING it. Quite the change from what it used to be.

After the door, I need to start working on the flooring. We are fixing the oak floor that we already have, but we need to patch a few places where the cabinets used to be and extend it further. Anyway, there seems to be plenty of projects to keep me busy. Lucky for me, I enjoy doing this type of stuff.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Photos? I wanna see!!