Saturday, November 15, 2008

GRRrrrrrrr

There is nothing in this world that makes one feel more vulnerable than to have ones "stuff" stolen. As I was headed out of the house this morning, I opened my car door and noticed some of my things strewn about the car....not where they belonged. Then I looked around and my car radio was GONE!

It's MY FAULT! I didn't lock the car door, but REALLY...it just feels so wrong! I called the Police, but I KNOW I'm not getting my car radio back....just wanted them to know what is going on in my neighborhood.

The funny thing is...Jim didn't lock his car either, but since his car is an older model, I'm sure they didn't even look in there. And he has a fairly nice radio in there as well. And if they had looked in the camper, there is one there as well. Thankfully they didn't. The Policeman mentioned that there have been quite a few burgleries in about a four block radius from here. I hate to think we HAVE to lock everything up. It really makes me MAD...but yeah....lesson learned.

After the Police left, I got in my car and headed to my original destination, and I was wondering how late I was, so I glanced at the gaping hole where my radio used to be....OH YEAH...that was my CLOCK too! Aaarrrrrrgggggg! Then I kept having the impulse to reach over and turn the radio up....LOL....oh how something so simple becomes a part of the routine.

Okay, so I've now vented over this mishap and hopefully this will be a warning to others...LOCK UP YOUR CARS. You were probably already doing that...good for you! You can bet I will be from now on! :D I DO have to say one thing though....I am grateful to the theif, because they didn't cut any wires, just unplugged it from the factory plug...so there is a silver lining after all.

4 comments:

Richard & Natalie said...

Bummer! I'm sorry. I think we get a little careless, living in Provo, thinking nothing will happen. I know we have and paid for it too with things being taken. Funny about how it becomes part of the routine, I'd probably be crazy without mine. that or really late!

Rachel said...

Years ago when Brian and I were first married (only been a few months) his car was broken into and the radio stolen. Called the police and of course car radios are not something they get too excited about. They've better things to track...like the time I parked in front of the ATM machine at Macey's and a police officer sat and yelled at me for awhile.

I remember feeling so violated and couldn't figure out why Brian thought it was so funny until he reminded me that the joke is on the theif. (This'll date us..) The stereo was a piece of junk and the tape player ate any tape that was placed in it!

Sorry that happened to you. Thanks for the heads up. I never lock our cars......duh...I'm from MT. :o)

Krystal said...

That is so terrible. I cant believe that happened. I always try to lock everything up, but there is ALWAYS that one time that you forget and them BAM something is gone. I am so sorry..... I cant imagine trying to drive anywhere without a radio.... :(

Carrilyne said...

Dang it! I never lock my car doors, but now i guess I better! Thanks for the tip about saving my pics, I'm going to have to check that out...