Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thank You Food Network!

I've mentioned this already....Matt's fondness for the Food Network Channel. Well, he REALLY out did himself tonight. I've decided in my old age, I want to live at Matt's house! :D I'm sure that will be good new to him.....or maybe his siblings.

Oh yeah...back to his latest creation. He made us Creme Brulee'....and it was WONDERFUL! He made it with fresh vanilla bean and even torched the sugar on top. It was heavenly. He continues to amaze and treat the family.

Well Done Matt!
And THIS time, the pictures are ACTUALLY what he made! Lighting up the torchThe sugar starts to brown....Doesn't that look good??? I LOVE the Food Network Channel....and I don't even watch!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is funny. While my mum was here I came across a recipe for creme bru whatever and I told my mom, "I wanna make this and......I need another power tool! I need A TORCH"!

Where'd he get that torch? I need one cuz I like power tools AND kitchen gadgets and this one covers both don't you think?

Go Matt!

Diana said...

Rachel....you are soooo funny! That's just a torch we already had for....ummmm....ahhhh.....plumbing repairs. But according to Matt, the guy on the food network says, just use the "hardware" variety! They are cheaper and they accomplish the same thing!

Unknown said...

Ok so I will be there for dinner on Sunday. He is sure to cook up something YUMMY! :)

Richard & Natalie said...

I love Creme Brulee. It is my very favorite dessert- you lucky lady! I never thought of this...Richard loves "Man Tools" & creme brulee. Maybe for Christmas we'll both get something we want.
I've tried broiling the sugar on top in the oven and it's just not the same.