Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Come on in....

I mentioned earlier that we have been fixing things up around the house. Well, we needed to sell a few old things....the two year old furnace, the old manual defrost freezer, and Jim mentioned I should sell them on craigslist. Well some co-workers mentioned ksl.com classifieds. I placed both items up for sale in both places and the winner was.....KSL.COM!!! I couldn't believe how well that worked....for FREE!


So I started LOOKING through the adds. Wow, there is cool stuff for sale out there. I almost found a new sliding glass door for the back for $95.00, about 10% of the cost of new, but unfortunately it opened on the wrong side.


I started looking at chairs for the front room not really expecting to find anything that I like....AND that Jim would like. But there it was! Two leather chairs with a leather ottoman AND a fabric loveseat. It was PERFECT for the front room...and all for only $250.00. I showed Jim what I had found and he loved it. Matt was bored so he said he would go get it with me. They were up in Layton....the rejects of a broken home. I was worried about the condition....especially after driving up so far with the truck and trailer (did I mention the truck only gets 10 miles per gallon?) but they were in beautiful shape.


After "playing" with the new furniture I decided I needed a new table for the room. Back to ksl.com again and there it was....and again Jim loved it. This one was only in Murray AND it fit in the Civic, so that wasn't so bad. After a few throw pillows and candles, my front room is actually INVITING as Jim put it. So, come on over and see for yourself. I love it! Now if someone will just keep me away from ksl.com for a while....

View from the front door

View from the family room

4 comments:

amber schmidt said...

$250!! That's awesome! It loooks great.

Diana said...

Thank you! We like it, but I'm just as impressed by your table and chair find and your refinishing skills. That's IMPRESSIVE!

Rachel said...

Well hello there Diana! I did not know you'd entered the world of blogging. How fun!

Your front room looks GREAT and I did notice your front door while driving by. I like it. I like it a lot!

Diana said...

Yeah, I started about a month ago...as you can see. Who'd of thought it would take a computer person like me to wait so long to start a blog....but this is FUN! Thanks for visiting! I LOVE YOURS!