Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter's Beauty

I know that many people do not enjoy, or even LIKE Winter. I don't especially enjoy the cold, but I DO find lots of beauty in Winter. I am fortunate to have a very small camera that I carry around in my purse, so whenever I saw something I liked, I would pull it out and take a picture. These are just pictures I found interesting or beautiful, so I hope you enjoy them.

These first ones are of my car...I thought they were interesting in how the ice formed...
And this was AFTER driving from Center Street Provo, to 1600 North in Orem.
Stopped at Costco and found these little bits of ice on the little nubs on my fairly new tires.
Beautiful ice crystals across the top of my car.
A VIBRANT sunset one evening as I was leaving the house.
Our tree in the back yard....I LOVE it when it looks like this!
Another shot of the tree...
Icicles just outside the kitchen window....they were LONG!
Work parking lot when it was REALLY snowing hard.
With winter...comes the fog. This is on my way to work one morning. Can you tell this is Center Street just before the freeway (heading east.)
More fog....it's like the world isn't in focus...and the picture is a little blurry...but it's fog!
And every afternoon when I would get home, I would look across the snow and see all the sparkling diamonds in the snow. I didn't capture that very well, but you can see a few.
And my ABSOLUTE favorite winter picture....and I didn't even take it. I STOLE it (borrowed....without permission...) off of a friends blog, but I absolutely LOVE IT!

8 comments:

Judy said...

I miss winter! Laren wore shorts to school and Breagan and I walked up to get her. Shouldn't have worn long sleeves I was melting!

Chastina said...

Those are some GREAT pics!

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Thoseare gorgous pictures! I remembe when it would totally unload on us in Denver. It was always so pretty. SO glad we could see you at Grandma's wedding.

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

sorry the key board is going out

Ryan and Heather Achatz said...

I finally stumbled upon your blog. I LOVE the family picture! Uh . . . bye.

Krystal said...

You have been tagged!!! See my blog for details!

K said...

I didn't realize you had a blog, kiddo! Those winter shots - those crystals across your car hood, and the nibs on the tires! I guess the only way to survive winter (after Christmas) is to really look at it. Glad I found you.

Rachel said...

Love the winter photos. Very very pretty.