Friday, January 9, 2009

This is Customer Service???

So the day we had been waiting for finally arrives....the stove/oven will be delivered TODAY! We had a delivery window of 3:30pm - 5:30pm, well at 3pm they showed up. I was JUST leaving work. I get a phone call from the kids saying..."They are asking questions that I don't know the answers to!" I speak to the delivery guy and tell him to LEAVE the power cord from the OLD STOVE and WE will hook it up. He asks me if we want it in or out of the box, I say OUT.

About 15 minutes later, Matt calls me and tells me we don't have a power cord for the Stove. Aaarrrgggg! They were supposed to LEAVE the OLD ONE! Go get it! But they had already left. I call Sears. They tell me they will get the delivery team to come back and give us back the power cord. And for our troubles, they will send us a $30.00 gift card. Well, after two hours of waiting, we have heard NOTHING! I call them back. The first person I speak with tells me, "You just need to wait." WHAT??? How long do they expect me to wait??? It's been two hours. So she finally passes me on to a higher level of help and this person sees that there was a response from the delivery team stating that "The customer needs to contact an electrician." *SIGH* NO! I just need the power cord and WE can take care of this! OH! And why didn't anyone call ME and let ME know they weren't coming? By now, the lady says our old stove is probably at the dump.
It may not seem like a big deal, but they didn't do ANYTHING that they were told to do, AND they didn't come when THEY said they would. And that cord costs $20.00. The second lady could see I'd had it. I was NOT amused with any of this, and now...before I could cook dinner, I needed to run and buy a power cord. So in trying to make amends, she offered me a $40.00 gift card. So all in all, I will get $70.00 in gift cards, so I guess that is something. The stove is installed now and working great. But as for customer service....wow....where was that? All they had to do was show up within the "delivery window" that they told us, and everything would have been fine.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yaaaaa, simple! Wanna put in a new faucet?? :D I'TS SIMPLE!

Alisa said...

Have fun cooking on your new stove/oven. The right tools seem to make the everyday jobs a little more fun. I have been needing a decent, lightweight vacuum for a while, and one with tools that will help me to do the stairs. Oh, and a long power cord, so that it can actually do a whole room. And one that one cost you your first born child. Is that too much to ask?

Sorry, Sears was not the best to work with. You never know sometimes. We've had our troubles with other stores (to be remained unsaid but sounds somewhat like R. We Silley). They had to come back and re-do a whole room of carpet, because of the poor install/carpet quality job. I think we ended up with a $75 dollar gift card, too? You have to ask, though, is it really worth all the trouble?

Enjoy!

Ginna said...

how lame! I hate stuff like that, it's so frustrating. It's like nobody will communicate with anybody else, so a perfectly simple problem (that shouldn't have happened in the first place) turns into a huge fiasco. Blah!